红枣补血茶( Hóngzǎo bǔ xuè chá )
Herbal flavour strength: moderate
RED DATES (Hong zao) - strengthens Qi energy & spleen, nourishes the blood & calms the spirit
BLACK DATES (Hei zao) - strengthens the spleen and stomach, nourishes blood
GOJI BERRIES (Gou qi zi) - strengthens the kidney & nourishes the liver, boosts eye health
CODONOPSIS (Dang shen) - strengthen the spleen & stomach, replenishes Qi energy
ASTRAGALUS ROOT (Huang qi) - strengthens Qi energy & spleen, powerful immunity booster
DRIED LONGAN (Gui yuan rou) -nourishes the heart, blood & spleen, calms the spirit
3 slices of ginger
2L water (depending on your preferred concentration)
- (Optional) Rock sugar or preferred sweetener to taste
Food prepared on our premises may contain wheat and nuts
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Rinse herbs
- Add herbs, ginger and 2L water into a medium-sized pot.
- Bring to boil and simmer for ~1.5 hours on stove.
- Strain herbs and drink warm throughout the day. Tea may be stored in a vacuum flask to. keep it warm throughout the day.
Cooking notes & tips
- You are welcome to use the cotton muslin bag to keep the herbs neat in the pot during the cooking process. Give the bag a squeeze in the pot at the end of cooking to extract all the flavour from the herbs before removing. The cotton bag can be washed and reused.
- To further enhance the sweetness from the red dates, either: (1) cut the red dates in half before adding to pot (pit does not need to be removed unless preferred); or (2) once cooked, the red dates will be soft; you can use the back of a spoon /ladle to give the red dates a squeeze against the sides of the pot; this will break up the red date and release its sweetness into the tea.
- Maximise the sweetness infused in the tea by cooking it for longer
Formulated based on TCM principles and lovingly hand blended in Melbourne, Australia from imported ingredients by the herborium.
Due to the nature of natural herbs, there may be slight variations in colour & taste with each batch, but never in the quality.
These statements have not been evaluated by the TGA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Shop our product here.
Learn more about The Herborium here.