Dry brushing; commonly used in Ayurvedic practices has many benefits:
- Detoxifies the skin
- Promotes blood flow
- Exfoliates your skin
- Triggers lymph nodes to drain and support the immune system
How to Use
Use gentle upward strokes and circular motions on from your wrist to your shoulder. Next, use downwards strokes for your waist down. On your torso, use gentle downwards and circular motions. Don't rush the process, be present during this self care practice and enjoy.
Reminder to always brush gently towards your heart so that your body can drain excess toxins. Slowly build up the practice of dry brushing from once per week to twice a week.
- The massage should not cause any discomfort.
- Anyone under the age of 18 or above the age of 60 should consult a medical practitioner before using the lymphatic brush.
- Use tools sparingly on cuts or broken skin.
- If your skin feels tender after use of beauty tools, drink plenty of water to help eliminate toxins.