The traditional postpartum pudding aids digestion, instantly boosts energy and builds blood. Serve all day, as often as you enjoy it, for the first few days after birth. This is a wonderful dish for friends and family to bring to you in hospital in a thermos.
A - Basmati rice
B - Jaggery, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper
Ingredients (You will need)
5 cups pure water
1/4 cup ghee
1 cup milk
Swap milk for your choice of plant milk
Food prepared on our premises may contain milk, eggs, wheat and nuts.
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Pour out the rice (A) and rinse.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a large pot. Simmer, stirring occasionally until it begins to thicken. This should take 20 minutes.
- Add sugar mix (B) and ghee. You may add an extra cup of water at this stage if your pudding is too thick.
- Continue to cook slowly; stirring as needed. When gelatinous consistency add milk. Cook for a few more minutes to thicken.
- Serve hot, with sugar and ghee for taste. Serve as desired throughout the day.
Servings Per Package: 1 Serving Size: 280g, Medium
Per Serving 495 kJ (118 Cal)
Protein 1.7 g
Fat, Total 0.2 g
- Saturated 0.1 g
Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
Sodium 3 mg
Store in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Packaging is biodegradable and compostable.
Learn more about our Nepalese Rice Pudding (Dry Mix) here.