N O U R I S H • Save this recipe for later mamas! We absolutely love this delicious Date Bites recipe.
- Almond butter
- Dark chocolate
- Maldon sea salt
- First, you’ll want to make a slit lengthwise in each of your pitted dates, without cutting all the way through.
- Then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and fill each one with a small spoonful of almond butter.
- Next, place the chopped dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler over medium-low heat. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can simply put a heat-proof mixing bowl over a medium saucepan will with an inch or two of water.
- Once the chocolate is nice and smooth, keep it over very low heat and carefully dip each date as far into the chocolate as you can, placing them back on the parchment-lined baking sheet when you’re done.
- Finally, sprinkle each date with just a little bit of the sea salt.
- Place the tray of dates in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or until the chocolate is hardened. Then remove the dates from the baking sheet and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Note: This recipe can be easily stored in your freezer if prepping meals is easiest for you/ your family.
See our Instagram post here.