- 3 slices of ginger
- 5L - 2L water, depending on your preferred concentration
- (Optional) Rock sugar or preferred sweetener to taste
- Rinse herbs
- Add herbs, ginger and 1.5L - 2L water into a medium-sized pot.
- Bring to boil and simmer for ~1.5 hours on stove.
- (Optional) Add rock sugar to taste for a sweeter flavour.
- Drink warm throughout the day. You can store the tea in a vacuum flask to keep it warm.
- All the herbs other than 'Codonopsis' & Astragalus Root are edible. Be aware that there are pips in the red and black dates.
- To further enhance the sweetness from the red dates, you can either:
- (1) cut the red dates in half before adding to your pot (you do not need to remove the pit unless preferred); or
- (2) once cooked, the red dates will be soft; you can use the back of a spoon / ladle to give the red dates a squeeze against the sides of the pot; this will break up the red date and release its sweetness into the tea.
- The longer the tea has been cooked, the further the infusion of the sweetness is in the tea.