滋阴润肺银耳羹 (Zī yīn rùn fèi yín'ěr gēng)
Snow fungus (xue er), red dates (hong zao), dried longan (gui yuan gan), lily bulb (bai he), lotus seed (lian zi), honey date (mi zao), goji berries (gou qi zi)
Ingredients (You will need)
- 1.5L water + extra to soak and rinse
- Block Asian brown sugar, rock sugar or sugar of your choice to taste
- Fruits such as ripe papaya, Asian pears cut into cubes
- Can substitute with sweet potato / purple sweet potato.
- Pandan leaves (tied into a knot)
- Chia seeds for added texture
- Can be served with coconut milk for a creamer texture
Food prepared on our premises may contain wheat and nuts
Preparation and Cooking Instructions
- Soak all herbs except goji berries for 20 minutes or until snow fungus has fully expanded.
- Break snow fungus into smaller pieces and cut off the tough dark yellow ends.
- Add all soaked herbs and aromatics into pot with 1.5L water.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 - 1.5hrs.
- Add sugar of choice and simmer until dissolved.
- Turn off heat. Stir in goji berries and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled. Drizzle coconut milk (if using) to serve.
- Store any left overs in the fridge and consume within 4 days.
Formulated based on TCM principles and lovingly hand blended in Melbourne, Australia from imported ingredients by the herborium.