N O U R I S H • Save this recipe for later mamas! We absolutely love this delicious Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks recipe.
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 large brown onion - finely diced
- 450g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1.8kg lamb shanks
- 2L beef bone broth
- 2tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 large carrots
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees.
- Season the lamb shanks, with salt. In a large Dutch Oven, heat the fat of your choice and place the lamb shanks in and brown all sides.
- Once they are browned, remove and set aside. Add the onions, garlic, mushrooms and a pinch salt into the pot, and cook until the vegetables are golden brown. Add the tomatoes, carrots and thyme and bay leaves. Cook for several minutes.
- Add the bone broth and coconut aminos and let it come to a gentle simmer before turning the heat off.
- Cover the Dutch Oven with the the lid and place it into the oven for between 6-9 hours.
The meat should be delicious and fall off the bone. You can discard the bone, portion out the meat and freeze if you so desire. Perfect accompanied with potato mash, buttered peas or some roast veggies.
Tallow for ghee
Tamari for coconut aminos.