N O U R I S H • A nutrient packed comfort food and a favourite amongst the kids and parents. Save this easy one-pot recipe for when you're short on time.
- 900 grams ground turkey
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 pepper, diced (green or red)
- 4 Tbsp chili powder (or more if you like)
- 1 small can of diced tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato soup
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chili beans or pinto beans
- macaroni (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- scallions (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- avocado (optional)
1. Using a bit of oil, brown the turkey in large pot. Add salt, pepper, and half of the garlic. Make sure the turkey is completely cooked. Drain the meat and set aside.
2. Using a bit of oil, sautée the onions, celery and pepper with salt, pepper and the rest of the garlic. Saute until vegetables are soft and onions are translucent.
3. Add the turkey back into your pan along with the beans, tomatoes, soup, Worcestershire and chili powder. Taste and add more salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low heat until the chili thickens and flavors combine. Check for salt right at the end.
4. Serve with macaroni, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, sliced scallions, sour cream and avocado for a complete meal!
See our Instagram post here.