N O U R I S H • Save this recipe for later mamas! We absolutely love this delicious Golden Dahl recipe.
- 1-2" piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick (3-4" long)
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 cloves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 10 cardamom pods, cracked and crushed
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- pinch of saffron threads
- 4 cups milk of your choice
- 3-4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 ½ cups filtered water
1. In a medium saucepan, pour in 2.5 cups of filtered water.
2. Using a mortar and pestle, crush the cardamom pods and add them to the water.
3. Once the ginger is grated or peeled, add ginger to the water.
4. Add the remaining spices, except for the saffron, to the water. Bring spices to boil.
5. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook the spices for 15-30 minutes, or until the water has been reduced to ½ to 1 cup.
6. Add the four cups of milk and a pinch of saffron.
7. Bring the milk to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 2-5 minutes.
8. Add the maple syrup.
9. Pour into a mug, with a pinch of nutmeg on top.
10. Serve warm. This is a beautiful drink to sip on throughout the day.
See our Instagram post here.
Leave a comment