N O U R I S H • Save this recipe for later mamas! We absolutely love this delicious Pumpkin Pie recipe.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup chilled butter (cut into pieces)
- 3tbsp cold water
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk or cream (Dairy-free substitute: coconut milk)
- 3 cups freshly baked pumpkin puredd (1 sugar pie pumpkin)
- 1 cup jaggery (or coconut sugar)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
Baking the Pumpkin
1. Preheat the oven to 400F
2. Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Place face down on a cookie sheet, with a thin layer of water coating the bottom.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until soft when poked with fork.
5. Remove from oven and turn the pumpkin halves over to cool.
6. Reduce heat to 350F
Prepping the Pie Crust
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour and butter. Work butter into flour with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles a course meal.
2. Add cold water and stir with a fork. Use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
3. Turn out on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 9 inch circle, adding flour to the rolling pin to prevent sticking.
4. With a metal spatula, gently pull up the pie crust from the surface and press it into the bottom of the pie pan.
Making the Pumpkin Crust
1. Add the arrowroot and milk to a blender and blend on low until well combined.
2. Add the jaggery in small chunks, along with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Blend on high until smooth.
4. Pour the pie filling into the pie pan (on top of the unbaked crust) and smooth over the top with a rubber spatula.
5. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until there are little cracks over the surface of the pie.
6. Cool to room temperature before serving.
7. Top with homemade whipped cream for a decadent treat.
Note: This recipe can be easily stored in your freezer if prepping meals is easiest for you/ your family.
Great for mamas 10+ days postpartum. Serve room temperature or warm. Never directly out of the refrigerator.
See our instagram post here.