N O U R I S H • Save this recipe for later mamas! We absolutely love this delicious Creamy Potato Soup recipe.
- 2 russet potatoes (peeled and chopped into cubes)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 large celery stalks (diced)
- 1/2 large sweet onion (diced)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 400ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 heaped tsp thyme
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
1. Parboil the potatoes by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook until they are almost soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large stockpot or Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add the veggies and sautee until slightly translucent and fragrant. Add all of the spices and stir frequently for a couple of minutes.
3. Add all of the vegetable broth and potatoes in the pot. Bring to a simmer for about 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are very soft,
4. Add the coconut milk to the soup and stir. Continue to cook at a simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
5. Salt to taste and serve with chives, coconut bacon, scallions, etc..
Note: This recipe can be easily stored in your freezer if prepping meals is easiest for you/ your family.
See our instagram post here.
Leave a comment