N O U R I S H • Before going to bed, make yourself a warm cup of almond moon milk. This quick Ayurvedic recipe supports mamas through their postpartum journey by alleviating bloating, nausea, and indigestion.
- 5 raw almonds (or blanched)
- 1-2 pitted medjool dates
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds, grind in a pestle and mortar or use ready ground
- ½ cup of organic milk (full fat and unhomogenised if possible) plus 1 cup water
- OR 1 cup of almond milk (no need to add extra water to the almond milk)
1. In the morning (or at least 5 hours before), soak the almonds in water. To prepare the drink, slip the almonds from their skins (if not already blanched) and place in a blender with the medjool dates, ground fennel seeds and dairy milk.*
2. Blend on low to begin with and gradually increase to medium until the almonds and dates are well blended.
3. Add the rest of the water (if using dairy milk) and blend again.
4. Transfer to a saucepan, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, lid off, for 10 minutes, to reduce to one cup’s worth.
5. To serve, transfer to your favourite mug and sip slowly at a temperature that suits you that evening, using a teaspoon to scoop up the almond goodness at the bottom, remembering to take a seat and begin the relaxing process before bed.
*If using almond milk (or any plant milk), blend the almonds, dates and fennel with half the almond milk before blending in the rest. Heat the almond milk to your desired temperature and serve. No need to bring to a boil.
See our Instagram post here.
Leave a comment