N O U R I S H • Save this recipe for later mamas! We absolutely love this delicious Golden Dahl recipe.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 medium parsnips
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 ( 2-inch) piece of ginger, grated (approx 2 tbs)
- 4 cups bone broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (approx 1.5 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek leaves ( optional)
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice (approx 1 lemon)
- Fresh coriander leaves, for garnish
- To make the cauliflower and parsnip rice, remove the stems and florets from the head of the cauliflower, trim the tops of the parsnips, and roughly chop both. Process in several batches using your food processor's pulse function until the vegetables become rice-size granules.
- Put the coconut oil or ghee in a heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat. When the fat has melted and the pan is hot, add the onion and cook until soft and transparent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the bone broth, water, and carrots to the pot and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the salt, turmeric, cinnamon and fenugreek to the pot, then stir in the cauliflower and parsnips rice mixture. Bring back to a boil, decrease the heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 10 more minutes.Turn of the heat. Stir in the spinach leaves, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Serve warm, garnished with fresh coriander.
Turn of the heat. Stir in the spinach leaves, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Serve warm, garnished with fresh coriander.
Note: This recipe can be easily stored in your freezer if prepping meals is easiest for you/ your family.
See our Instagram post here.